Sunday 27 March 2011

Chapter 7 Simple Printing

7.1 Choosing a floret of broccoli wasn't the easiest option but it held together long enough to do one page full.



7.2 Red and ochre potato print. Looks a bit like a lower case 'a'. Don't care for it much
                                                  
This version on blue tissue was a bit tricky, it wanted to stick to the paper and tear.    



The next cut looked like arms and legs. Not much interest in first lot done with yellow, but it improved with offset red overprinting
This on black background is probably my favourite. A rectangle with leaf like cuts done in two colours at once.

7.3a   Card printing. The first one in pink and gold didn't flow in the way I had hoped it would. Perhaps I should have left more space which would have improved the negative shapes?

7.3b  Orange on yellow, hmmm still not very good.

7.3c  Blue/green. I like the colours and the effect but the paint was a bit too runny at this point.
7.3d  Green on checked background.  I very much like the lacy effect, when there is less paint on the block and this one shows it better.
7.3e  Light to dark green. I like this one. Perhaps because the block is quite complex, a more simple pattern works better?
7.3d  I only had a scrap of this printed tissue paper left, but thought I would give it a go. This background wrapping paper is so useful I've used it lots of times for projects.
What a lot of pages, I hope that isn't all a bit much.

No comments:

Post a Comment