Thursday 10 March 2011

Chapter 5

5.1  The first part of this chapter was most enjoyable. I found cutting up the shapes and spending some time rearranging them very interesting, though perhaps the page with black background was not quite what was required.

The next part of the exercise got off to a bad start. My chosen picture was a bunch of asparagus, which was probably too complicated, though I thought I had traced it simply enough. Then I did the cutting using some of my painted papers that were done on far too heavy a weight. The whole lot went in the bin! Back to the drawing board and the onions were more straight forward, plus this time the paper was much thinner and easier to cut. There must of course be countless combinations, but I photographed five and then put a sixth into my sketchbook. I thought the four to a page was OK? I could do them separately if needed. Anyway here they are.


I still haven't sorted out the extra bit of the paper at the bottom when I scan, even though I was given ways to sort it. Hmmm the sketchbook is getting pretty full and so I shall solve the problem by getting an A4 next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment