Thursday 12 September 2013

Module 6 - Chapter 9

Decorated edges and borders

6.9.1

This is a lovely chapter and one I could have spent days on, if I had the time.

1) Trees. Simply torn edge with tree printing. A little extra colour at edges
2) Flower buds. Partial punch, cut into
3) Oak leaves. Bought punch
4) Random holes. Various sizes punched with my Japanese hole punch. I love it (the punch)
5 Oak leaves. As before but glued to edge

6) Weather vane. A partial hole punch for snowflakes.
7) Cogs. Not very cog like
8) Stitches. Machine made holes then hand stitched
9 Houses. Hand cut roves and hole punched squares
10) Wooly. Hand made slits with hand dyed pure wool threaded through.



I could imagine making an entire book just out of decorative edges, but I am looking forward to using some of these and others in my final book.

No comments:

Post a Comment