Sunday 24 February 2013

Module 5 - Chapter 5






Colourful faces

5.5.1 Adding colour

I decided to use gouache for this exercise and did manage to feed a heavier weight of paper through the copier. This time I was working in the conservatory, so a very good light, but couldn't discern much in the way of extra colour on my usual pale face.  Perhaps I was expecting to see some colours that van Gough might have seen.


EA Playing with Picasa

This is something I do a lot especially with the grandson aged 5.





Where has picture 4 gone? Heaven knows, but it has completely disappeared.
















5.5.2.
I thought I would like to do this exercise in fabric.  I couldn't face going off to the barn, fighting to unlock it (whilst standing on a chair) and then rummage for my Bondaweb, so I used lots of spray starch on the fabric.  The neck started off more normal than this, but I accidentally  cut bits off it for the eyebrows etc.



I must have been an old woman for the last 15 years as I love wearing purple, but not usually on my face. I haven't got around to running a walking stick along the railings yet, but give it a few more years. I enjoyed this exercise and it will give me the confidence to do it again.






No comments:

Post a Comment