Monday 28 November 2011

CHAPTER 4 - Printed Lines

Ink Pad and Mark Makers
The first thing I did was make an ink pad, using a very small plastic box plus felt and silk paint. I was a complete revelation to me that one could use silk paint successfully and I had never thought of making my own stamp pad. Here is is with a small selection of my mark making tools.
3.4.1
The top line is the mini pink & yellow rubber shown above. I bought a set of 6 just because I thought they would be interesting for printing.

The lower half of the next page is done with my much loved Koh-i-Nor graphite stick
This blue page is, top half done with one piece of dense foam that I saved when new glass windows were installed and there were loads of them stuck to the glass. Bottom half is yet another mini rubber with an interesting dent in it.
These green ones are above mentioned bit of foam and the lower half the tap swirler.
Purple and green are done with four bits of window foam stuck unevenly together.
3.4.2
The first one was good fun to do.
Having made my dinky little stamp pad, I didn't get around to using it 'til this last bit. I love the fuchsia colour and think I will probably make quite a few more in interesting colours instead of buying them.
Another very interesting chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment