Saturday 5 November 2011

CHAPTER 2 CREATING MOVEMENT WITH LINE

I used a Classic Gel Pen for the first couple of exercises, some turned out better than others - some got torn out and thrown away.
Next was a Micron Pen
Edding Profipen.
I should have tried thicker pens than these, then perhaps it would not have been some hard on the hands
Had to stop for quite a while because the patterns are working as they are supposed to - visually disturbing - got a migraine. Next used Uni Jetstream

3.2.2   OP ART PICTURE

I tried out half a dozen patterns before I settled for this. First I thought I would do it in just black and white with some shading
Then I took a photocopy and did a blue and yellow version. I didn't think the white background did very much for it, so cut it out and tried it on green

Hmm, still not very exciting. Then tried it on some patterned paper I have been hoarding.

Still could be better, so then I tried this.  Is it OK to use commercial papers for the background? This really seemed the perfect one

That was a really interesting chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment