Friday 19 July 2013

Module 6 - chapter 4

6.4.1.   Taking a closer look

There are so many things on the farm that I like to draw, so I had to select something in particular and I decided on foxgloves.

A simple line drawing

a)

b)  pattern, closer up, using my grid.
c )  Using the view finder, closer up still, with  tone

d) Not very interesting leaf. I should have turned it round.


e) & f)
  
I thought it would be interesting to do more than one of each in different media, so the first is done with the flowers in oil pastel and the background Inktense. I found it quite liberating in a way to use oil pastels for this part as they are chunky and it isn't possible to be too 'fussy' with them.  White was used and blended to make the paler parts. The second is just Inktense pencils and blocks.


g) & h)

g)  White oil pastel for a resist inside flowers. Pen and gouache for purple, Promarker for the green parts. Inktense blocks for background.

h) Oil pastel for flowers and stem, watercolour for background.

i) & j)

Once again i) is oil pastel and white is used as a resist. Background is gouache  
j) is a bit scary isn't it?  But just to experiment it is done in felt tip.  Not really my style at all.

K) a leaf in Inktense.

This was a really interesting chapter because it has made me appreciate the advantages and pleasures of mixing different media.  Also I shall be using oil pastel in the future now I have come to love it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment