Tuesday 26 June 2012

Module 4 - Chapter 5

Drawing with colour

It was great to get out my Derwent Aquatone and Caran D'Ache Prismalo pencils again. This is a medium I have neglected in the past year and having used them again I  to appreciate their potential more. In fact I saw a friend using them on fabric at the week end to great effect. The Inktense is the only colour I have in this range, but my they are intense aren't they.

The first page is revisiting my peas that I did in module 3. I think the colours look a bit paler when scanned than on the page. I have taken liberties with the shadow colour under the peas.


I found it a little tricky not to blend the colours too much on the cat, so had to use the brush fairly dry. I also resorted to stroking a damp brush on the stick and then using it.


I used to take some of these with me if I was out at the beach for the day or somewhere with a chance to sit for a while, I will have to try and get back to doing that. I enjoyed this exercise very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment