Monday 5 March 2012

Module 4 - Chapter 1

Observational drawing

I have been intending to 'have a go' at drawing my 16 year old cat for ages.  So after much havering I have tried.  Whether she and the other drawings are suitable for this module I am not sure and it would not take a genius to guess where I am going with these.

It is so tempting to get distracted and start putting in all the tabby stripes, but I suppose that should be left until the next chapter.
 The Little owl is impossible not to draw looking like a cartoon character. The photo my friend took of him is so funny. We have both Tawny and Barn owls here, also photographed by my lovely friend.
The cat also gets on quite well with the pheasants that come visiting every day so that would be a variation on a theme.  At our old house it was peacocks she used to associate with - thank goodness we do not have those here.

Hmmm still not sure whether to abandon this idea altogether and start afresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment