Tuesday 20 March 2012

Chapter 2 - Drawing Tone

4.2.1
Instead of using my original drawings I did these two again, then added the tone. The method of pulling the rubber across the dark pencil is very effective and is rather like a background wash as well as giving direction. This first picture is of Hebe who is 16 years old next month and still likes to play with a ball

The next picture I must confess is not Hebe who is a dark tabby, but her deceased brother Hekla who was in fact a ginger tabby and I used a favourite photo of him at 12 years old.
The pheasants are still coming in the garden and now start running towards me when I go out with yet more bird seed for the small birds, then think better of it and swerve off to one side. They get some seeds too of course. I hope they bring their chicks to show me again this year then I will try drawing them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment