Tuesday, 25 February 2014



Having said I thought a cover would be a good idea, I thought I had better get on with it. I made this from greyboard, holding the cut sections together with masking tape and lining the inside before folding it together. I then applied pieces of paper to the outside and gessoed it. The collage is made up of elements from the course, especially cut outs of our weathervane in greens and pinks. I then stamped it with some of the many bird stamps I had made in the last few months and printed the farm name down the spine.

Well that really is the final part done.


  1. Interesting work Janet, thanks for flagging it up on CQ. I have enjoyed reading it.

  2. Me too, Janet. A lovely inspirational blog. Thanks for sharing, I have spent the whole day reading it - meaning that I have not done any stitching nor housework today :D

  3. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a nice comment. I have been browsing through your posts and your books are beautiful. I guessed that you have recently completed Viv White's wonderful course which I did two or three years ago, and loved it. She is such a lovely tutor.