Sunday 13 May 2012

Module 4 - Chapter 3

4.3.1
This was very interesting and the sources are just endless. However here are a few

E.A.
As I had used a fairly thin tissue for the rubbings, these were coloured in thin watercolours.


4.3.2
I saw a beautiful hard backed book a couple of years ago which was photos of textures, divided up into man made, natural etc. I was very tempted to buy it as I knew I would never make such a comprehensive collection but I spent a very happy time in the garden walking around taking these.


4.3.3
Drawing texture.
A) I used several ordinary pencils and a big fat Stabilo 'Woody' water soluble pencil for the background, but I didn't like the effect very much. The bramble bush was growing though the coiled up wire
B) Oak was done with HB 2, 3 and 5
C- H
F) was done with a  Micron 01. I don't know what sort of bird feather this is, but I love it. G) was done with a combination of the Micron and pencil. I think it is from a sparrow hawk, left behind after he had plundered a nest of lovely long tailed tits. The bottom of it is very fluffy and the end smooth.

I'm not particularly satisfied with the above, but at least I have got going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment