Monday 2 January 2012

Chapter 6 - Torn Paper Lines

HAPPY NEW YEAR


3.6.1.
I tore up an assortment of papers in various colours and types and stuck them in my sketchbook. The ink wash I used was too dark though.  It almost completely obliterates the newspaper and the rest of the pieces don't show up very well either.  Just shows that I should have tried it on a spare piece of paper first!!! Not a very cheerful first page of the new year.

Make Viewfinders. Since I haven't seen my old ones for ages I was very happy to make these.

3.6.2.
Collage landscape.   Charmouth Beach
Partly because of the size,   (4 1/2" x 5 3/4") I wasn't sure if I should have put more detail in or not. The perspective doesn't look very good as the sea on the left looks odd but I was reasonable happy with the colours.

E.A.  Brentor Church, Dartmoor.
These next three pictures are even smaller as I decided that I wanted to put them together on one page of my sketchbook.  The papers are again all different weights and sources including a bit of fluffy paper I made from Kozo bark. Yes I could see these as a trio of textile pictures and yes I DO LOVE Brentor Church.


No comments:

Post a Comment