Monday 13 June 2011

MODULE 2 HANDWRITING

2.2.1
As you can see, I love using this soft Gel marker.
I wasn't really sure what I was doing here. The bottom bit with writing in two directions is more interesting than that above
When doing this next page I unintentionally got a bit ahead of myself and subconsciously used some bits of Zentangles

There are actually three lots of writing in different crayons on this page, but I obviously didn't press hard enough with the lighter ones. They are written in different directions
However this time, I pressed harder and am pleased with the page, especially the pink and purple colours
on green
What a horrid page this one is. Although I again pressed hard, the wash of black dilute acrylic paint swamped it and I ended up blotting some of it off as there was no sign of it 'coming through'
I'm singing the next bit  "...and it's getting better every daaaaay" etc. I love Zentangles and for about 9 months I used to do a bit most mornings at breakfast time in a little 4" x 4" book. this however was done with a much bigger Sharpie marker which is a revelation and means it can obviously be done on a much larger scale.
Oh this was great fun too.  Are we going back to the sixties I wonder. Done in gouache, mostly blue and yellow with a little bit of purple to give a bit of a lift, but it looks rather brown.
Writing in circles - yes I like this it is very effective. Words taken from a Bruce Chatwin book and done inMarvy le Plum 11 with paintbrush end and fine end
The spacing on this page of names is not quite close enough I  think which results in some rather large patches. Still overall effect is quite pleasing. Painted with gouache. Perhaps I should have restricted the colours a bit more but hoped that as they are pastel is isn't all too much.

I made sure to do the spacing closer this time. I used acrylic ink which I haven't tried before and applied it with the dropper that comes with the bottle. Unfortunately it got splodged before it was completely dry but I like the differences in the density of the ink.

I decided against doing any extras after I had loaded this lot and realised that I had already spent quite a lot of time on it.  I will do some more writing around shapes sometime soon though, just for fun.  Altogether a most satisfying chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment